Are you Landlord Worthy?
What are your responsibilities as a Landlord?
We can help and advise you:
As a landlord, there are legal responsibilities you need to comply with when renting out your property whether furnished or unfurnished
Here are the responsibilities you need to know to ensure you are landlord worthy.
Landlords Safety Standards
- Landlords must meet safety standards and undertake any major repairs required in their properties.
- All soft furnishings must comply with the Furniture and Furnishings (Fire) Safety Regulations.
- Properties must be fire safety compliant and fitted with the correct smoke alarms.
- Landlords must ensure that gas appliances, fittings and flues are safe for tenants to use and that annual safety and maintenance checks are carried out by a Gas Safe registered engineer. Tenants must be given a copy of the Gas Safety Certificate stating that everything is in good order. Even when renting out to short-term tenants, landlords must ensure they are in compliance with gas safety responsibilities.
- Landlords must make sure that electrics are safe with an Electrical Safety Condition Report; annual PAT Testing as required; and supply operating instructions and safety notices to their tenants.
- If a tenant is disabled, a landlord is responsible for making ‘reasonable adjustments’ to their property to accommodate the tenant.
- Regarding repairs to the property; exterior and structural; including roof; chimneys; walls; leaks; guttering and drains, the landlord is responsible for carrying out the repairs. Landlords do not usually need to handle minor repairs like changing bulbs,
internal decorating (dependent on lease agreement) or garden work.
Highest Possible Standard
At Keenan Able we can deal with all these aspects for you and help you meet your Landlord Worthy responsibilities.
Property Refurbishments and Renovations
For property or room refurbishments we can organise and carry out anything from a paint job; changing carpets; or refurbishing kitchen units when a tenant leaves, to a full renovation of a newly purchased property when you want a tenant to move in.
We also undertake cleaning and repairing of gutters and conservatory roofs, and can install new gutters, fascias and soffits too.
With all our work fully insured and guaranteed we offer the highest possible standards within this industry.